We have strong evidence from pre-class and post-class assessments that this program induces a shift in the way farmers think about disaster preparation. We commonly hear that farmers along the lines of “this is common sense stuff, but we get busy and forget the basics, so it’s good to get the reminders.”
In their words:
- I learned that it pays to always be prepared even if nothing happens.
- This class compelled me to have a safety meeting with our staff. We ordered new SMV emblems. It got us back on track. Good reminder.
- Simple changes can have a big impact in the event of an emergency.
- It made me aware of some problems that could occur such as area for cattle in event of fire or collapse.
- This class opened my eyes.